- 3 or 4 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 part vinegar and 1 part water, enough to cover cucumbers
- A little salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 green onions finely chopped
Marinate the sliced cucumbers in the vinegar, water, salt and sugar for at least 1 or 2 hours. Drain thoroughly.
Mix remaining ingredients together, then stir in the drained cucumbers and chill until ready to serve.
- 5 small cucumbers
- 1 small bunch fresh dill
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and black pepper
- A little sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh tomato pulp
- 2 Tbsp. tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
Skin the cucumbers, and cut in very thin slices.
Place on a flat dish and sprinkle well with salt.
Leave for half an hour, then drain off the liquid and mix the cucumbers with the following dressing: Finely chop the dill and add it to the sour cream with the crushed garlic, salt, pepper and a dash of sugar; then mix in the tomato pulp, and add the vinegar and the oil very slowly.
Serve very cold.