- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- ¾ tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped green onion, including some tender green tops
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
To make the dressing; whisk together oil, orange juice, vinegar, garlic, cumin, chili powder. Tabasco, salt, and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, combine rice, beans, bell peppers, green onions, and cilantro. Toss lightly with about half of the dressing to coat, cover, and refrigerate.
Add more dressing just before serving, as needed.
Serve cold or at room temperature. Serves 8.