- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. whole-grain Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- ¾ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed
To prepare dressing, combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended, set aside.
To prepare salad, cook barley according to package directions.
Combine cooked barley, bell pepper, red onion, and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, tossing well to combine.
Add the dressing and toss gently to coat evenly. Let stand 10 minutes. 6 servings.