Black Bean Pumpkin Chili
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 – 15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cup cooked ground turkey
- 1 – 15 oz. can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 – 15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. parsley flakes
- 2 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Diced fresh cilantro (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
In a large Dutch oven, saute the onion and pepper in the olive oil until tender.
Add the garlic, and cook a minute more.
Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to mix.
Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for at least an hour, or longer for flavors to meld, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
Ladle into bowls and top with diced cilantro and sour cream if desired.